Chipwell Battle Suit:
Purchasers known that the Chipwell Assault Suit is one of the most affordable yet capable power armors in existence in North America. Its high quality construction and low price make it a favorite for mercenary companies. Chipwell now brings you the Chipwell Battle Suit which in every way is an improvement over the previous design. It includes a new mini-missile launcher with fifty percent greater missile payload than the Samson for even more firepower along with many other improvements. The armor is sure to be in high demand, order your new Chipwell Battle Suit today!
- Ad from Chipwell Armaments Inc. on their recently released "Chipwell Battle Suit"
Like all Chipwell products, the Chipwell Battle Suit is hyped to be an all new design with a massive improvements and equal to the power armors built by other manufactures. The Chipwell Battle Suit is in reality just a slight improvement over the Chipwell Assault Suit. It still uses mostly low strength materials for internal components instead of more expensive high strength alloys. This means than many of the internal parts have to replaced far more frequently and are more prone to wearing out. Electronics are also of low quality and the power armor is more prone to breakdown. As well, the power armor lacks many of the systems common to standard power armor designs. Even the power source is substandard with only a normal operating duration of five years. Still, two Chipwell Battle Suits can be purchased for the cost of one Northern Gun Samson power armors and many mercenary companies, especially those who are just starting out, choose Chipwell products due to their low prices.
The only real changes in the Chipwell Assault suit compared to previous designs is that the armor has been slightly improved and there is the addition of a mini-missile launcher on the right shoulder. The mini-missile launcher is simply the Wellington WI-23 six shot mini-missile mounted in a similar fashion to the launcher on the Warmonger Combat Suit. All other weapons are retained with the integral laser being the most effective. Being a Wilk’s product, the laser is actually of the finest quality. The original flyer on the Chipwell Assault Suit contained multiple errors on the machine-gun carried like a rifle. The source stated it as being 14.5 mm when it was in reality a 12.7 mm (.50 Caliber) weapon. As well, sources state the weapons weight as being 30 lbs which is about one quarter of the rifle's actual weight. Still, a 14.5 mm automatic weapon would likely be even heavier. The Wellington ammunition makes the weapon the equivalent of a light rail gun in damage.
Model Type: CBS-40
M.D.C. by Location:
|Arms (2):||25 each|
|Legs (2):||40 each|
|Built-in Pulse Laser (Right Arm):||15|
|Modified Browning 12.7 mm M2HB Machine Gun (Carried)||10|
|Shoulder Mounted WI-23 Mini-Missile Launchers (2, Right):||10|
| Main Body:||180|
 Destroying the head of the power armor will eliminate all forms of optical enhancements and sensory systems. The pilot is forced to rely on his own human vision and senses. Furthermore, all power armor Combat bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge are lost! Note: The head is a small and difficult target to hit, shielded by an exhaust tube, wings, and shoulder plating. Consequently, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is - 4 to strike.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless.
Running: 40 mph (65 kph) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at 20% less than normal due to the robot exo-skeleton.
Leaping: The powerful robot legs can leap up to 15 feet (4.6 m) high or across.
Underwater Capabilities: Due to the fact that the armor is not fully environmentally sealed, the Chipwell armor cannot operate underwater. Water would leak into the internals of the suit and destroy the electronics.
Height: 11 feet (3.4 meters)
Width: 5 feet (1.5 meters)
Length: 4.6 feet (1.4 meters)
Weight: 650 lbs (294.8 kg) not including machine-gun or ammunition
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 24
Power System: Nuclear, average energy life is 5 years.
Black Market Cost: 300,000 for a new, undamaged, and fully powered suit without missiles launcher and 320,000 with missile launcher.
- Integral Pulse Laser Mount (1): Built into the right arm
of the power armor is a a Wilk’s 457 Pulse Laser Rifle. The weapon is the
most advanced system within the power armor and is capable of firing single
shot and three shot bursts. The weapon draw power directly from the power
armors fusion reactor for an unlimited payload..
Maximum Effective Range: 2,000 feet (609 meters).
Mega-Damage: 3D6+2 for Single Shot and 1D6x10 for three simultaneous blasts
Rate of Fire: Equal to number of combined hand to hand attacks of the pilot.
Payload: Effectively unlimited shots.
- 12.7 millimeter Browning M2HB Machine-gun: Standard issue
weapon for the Chipwell Battle Suit as it was for the Chipwell Assault
Suit. It is modified so that it can be carried like a rifle. The machine-gun
uses special Wellington Ram-Jet ammunition to increase damage but is still
underpowered when compared to most rail guns. The weapon was originally
designed in the early part of the Twentieth Century and extremely effective
until the invention of high strength body armors.
Weight: 128 lbs (58 kg)
Maximum Effective Range: 3,000 feet (914.4 meters)
Mega Damage: Single shot does 1D4 and 40 round burst does 5D6.
Rate of Fire: Equal to pilot’s hand to hand (usually 5 or 6).
Payload: 800 rounds (20 bursts).
- Shoulder Mounted WI-23 Mini-Missile Launcher (1): Mini-missile
launcher is simply a Wellington Mini-Missile launcher which is mounted
on the right shoulder and are tied into the power armor's fire control
system. The box launcher can be quickly reloaded by crews outside the power
armor but the power armor does not carry an additional mini-missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies by Mini-Missile Type - Usually one mile / 1.6 km (See revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Mega-Damage: By Mini-Missile Type - 1D4x10 Armor Piercing / 1D6x10 Plasma (See revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire mini-missiles one at a time only.
Payload: Six (6) Mini-Missiles.
- Energy Rifles or Light Rail Gun and other hand-held weapons can be substituted in an emergency or used as a back-up weapon. Space limitations and the bulk of the armor limit additional weapons to one and weapons cannot draw from power armors power supply. Due to low manual dexterity, power armor has a -1 to strike with hand held weapons (does not apply to hard mounted weapons)
- Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, The pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Basic Power Armor Combat Training in the Robot Combat section of Rifts, page 45.
The Chipwell power armor does not have all the standard equipment of most power armors.
- Combat / Targeting Computer: System calculates, stores, and transmits data onto the display of the power armor. Computer assists in the tracking of targets. The system also has a data base of targets and has the ability to identify most common targets.
- Laser Targeting System: The system is designed to assist in the selection and focusing on a specific target. System gives a bonus of +1 to strike using long range weapons but must have line of sight. As well, most mini-missiles are designed to follow the laser beam to the target.
- Infra-Red / Laser Detector: The system is designed to detect any infrared or laser beams which paint or target the power armor. Power armor has special sensors built into the exterior every few inches. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Radar Detector: System is designed to passively detect other radars being operated. System give information such as relative strength and number of signals. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Short Range Radio: Directional, Short Range radio is built into the power armor. Radio range is 20 miles (32 km). Also fitted with a radio scrambler to prevent others from easily listening in on communications.
- High Temperature Insulation: Power armors are more from high temperature materials that is designed to resist temperatures up to 400 degrees centigrade. Normal fires inflict no damage but extremely high temperature fire such as plasma and magic fire inflicts full damage.
[ Altarain TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Horune TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Kydian TM, Larsen’s Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Naut’Yll, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk’s Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2002, Kitsune. All rights reserved.