New Weapons & Weapons for Rifts - Valkyrie Industries:
- PAS-8 "Predator" Body Armor (Marina O'Leary):
- Complete environmental battle armor suitable for use in space and other hostile environments.
- Computer controlled life support system.
- Internal cooling and temperature control.
- Artificial air circulation systems, gas filtration, and humidifier.
- Computer controlled, independent oxygen supply and purge system that automatically engages in low oxygen or contaminated air environments. Eight hour oxygen supply maximum.
- Insulated, high temperature resistant shielding for up to 400 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do no damage but Nuclear, Plasma, and magic fires do full damage.
- Fully radiation shielded, and capable of blocking up to 700 rads of dosage every four melee rounds (1 minute) with 85% protection against radiation levels higher than 700 rads.
- Polarized and light sensitive/adjusted tinted visor with additional sensors and advanced optics: Passive nightvision with 1,000 m range, telescopic enhancement with 10 x magnification and 2,000 m range.
- Directional short range radio built into helmet. Range is 5 miles (8 km.)
- Helmet with removable faceplate.
- Wrist and Helmet Mini-Computer: A multi-purpose miniature computer and display that will indicate system errors within the armor, damage levels, and oxygen supply, as well as directions (Compass), calculator, time, date, air pressure, and radiation.
- The Stealthy Predator adds a realm of deadliness into defense, providing
a surprisingly agile armor for it's weight, and about stretches the limits
of normal body armors; They're powered if they're better than the Predator.
Definitely a body armor for stronger individuals, and considering the Elven
makeup of Kalyaran's species, tall, relatively thin people fit best in
these body armors; They are available in male and female versions, and
also a slightly smaller version designed to better accommodate shorter
people of either sex.
The armor has highly advanced features one would normally only expect on a power armor, and because of the highly advanced materials used in construction, is incredibly easy to move in, and an excellent choice in armor for anyone planning to enter a combat situation that involves high energy weaponry.
This armor is already in production and for sale on Rifts Earth.
- Main Body: 120
Arms (2): 60
Legs (2): 80
Mobility: No prowl penalty.
- Forearm Vibro-Blades (2): Each of the forearms has a single
large, fin-like vibro-blade that is fully retractable. They can be used
for slashing or stabbing enemy power armor, robots, and aircraft (Along
with various monsters). These blades are very similar to the ones used
on the Super SAMAS and Deathwalker, and are an addition the armor made
on Rifts Earth.
Mega-Damage: 2D6 M.D. from a single blade.
Black Market Cost: 300,000 credits.
- EAW-106 Plasma Assault Rifle (Marina O'Leary):
- Standard Rifle of the Universal Technocracy issued to all troopers
using the Predator body armor and virtually any personnel in any circumstance
in need of a general-purpose rifle. Durable, reliable, and deadly, and
exceptionally energy-efficient. The plasma bursts have such extreme range
because they are encapsulated in electromagnetic fields when fired. This
weapon is already in production and for sale on Rifts Earth.
Weight: Rifle weighs 18.7 lbs (8.5 kg) with integral Bayonet and sight. Bipod Mount weighs 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
Mega-Damage: Plasma Rifle: 6D6 per shot. Vibro-Bayonet (Retractable): 1D6 for a slash or a stabbing attack.
S.D.C. Damage: Plasma Rifle: 4D6x10 or 8D10x10 (Selectable)
Rate of Fire: Once every second for Mega-Damage setting; Four round bursts (+8 to strike, but with only one the bursts during the damage of one.) for S.D.C. mode, per second.
Maximum Effective Range: 1 mile in all modes (1.6 km)
Payload: One Extended E-Clip is the standard and only available ammunition for the Rifts Earth version, with the following ammo capacity: S.D.C. (Low setting): 2,000 shots. S.D.C. (High Setting): 1,000 shots. M.D.C.: 30 Shots.
Bonuses: +6 to hit any target at any range within the maximum effective range when using sight and bipod in addition to any other normal bonuses.
Cost: 50,000 credits.
[ Altarain TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Horune TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Kydian TM, Larsen’s Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Naut’Yll, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk’s Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Marina O'Leary (LusankyaN@aol.com ).
Reformatting and minor revisions by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2000, Marina O'Leary. All rights reserved.