Equipment of the R.E.E.F.:
- Improved CVR-3 Series Cyclone Body Armor:
- Complete environmental battle armor suitable for use in space and other hostile environments.
- Computer controlled life support system.
- Internal cooling and temperature control.
- Artificial air circulation systems, gas filtration, and humidifier.
- Computer controlled, independent oxygen supply and purge system that automatically engages in low oxygen or contaminated air environments. Eight hour oxygen supply maximum.
- Insulated, high temperature resistant shielding for up to 300 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do no damage but Nuclear, Plasma, and magic fires do full damage.
- Radiation shielded.
- Polarized and light sensitive/adjusted tinted visor with additional
sensors and advanced optics: Passive nightvision with 2,000 foot/610 m
range, telescopic enhancement with 5 x magnification and 6,000 ft/1,820
m range, Laser distancer with 2,000 ft/610 m range, and Laser Targeting
that gives +1 strike bonus with 2,000 ft/610 m range.
Directional short range radio built into helmet. Range is 5 miles (8 km.)
- Helmet with removable faceplate
- Wrist and Helmet Mini-Computer: A multi-purpose miniature computer and display that will indicate system errors within the armor, damage levels, and oxygen supply, as well as directions (Compass), calculator, time, date, air pressure, and radiation.
- The engineers at Florida Base realized that they could improve the
CVR-3 Body armor by using the new materials available especially the alloys
used in the Coalition's new body armor types. The REEF was able to acquire
a sample and create a modified version of the CVR-3 body armor. The alloy
was modified so that the body armor would be resistant to laser weaponry
(The suit takes half damage). The suit may still be used with cyclones
but is available in a light and a heavy style. CVR-3B is the light style
and CVR-3C is the heavy style.
M.D.C.: CVR-3B Light Cyclone Body Armor gives 75, CVR-3C Heavy Cyclone Body Armor gives 100, and both are laser resistant (Lasers do half damage).
Weight: 9 lbs (4.1 kg) for CVR-3B Light Armor and 15 lbs (6.8 kg) for CVR-3C Heavy Armor.
Mobility: No prowl penalty for CVR-3B Light Armor and Good mobility (-10% prowl) for CVR-3C Heavy Armor.
- Gallant H-90B:
- Modified version of the Gallant H-90 with the main additional feature
of controlled burst firing, slightly better ranges, and slightly more powerful
in pistol mode. It has been fitted to use standard Rifts long E-Clips in
rifle mode but still uses a special Mini E-Clip in pistol form. The weapon
has the addition of a three round burst setting in both pistol and rifle
mode. The weapon still retains the ability to fire longer bursts. Like
the original weapon, the base weapons is a pistol but with the addition
of additional barrel length and a stock with power boosting equipment built
in becomes a powerful energy rifle. The final addition is an integral laser
targeting system and optional cyber-link equipment. The weapon may be fitted
with a vibro bayonet in rifle mode. This weapon is slowly replacing the
M-160 in REEF service
- 1.8 lbs (.8 kg) for pistol section
7.8 lbs (3.5 kg) for assembled rifle (Vibro Bayonet adds an additional 2 lbs (.9 kg)
- Pulse Energy Pistol: 2D6 for single shot or 6D6 for a rapid
fire burst of three shots virtually simultaneously.
Pulse Energy Rifle: 4D6 for single shot or 1D6x10+10 for a rapid fire burst of three shots virtually simultaneously.
Rate of Fire: Single Shot, Three Round Burst, and Extended Bursts (Use standard burst rules).
Maximum Effective Range: Pulse Energy Pistol: 800 ft (244 m), Pulse Energy Rifle: 2000 ft (610 m)
Payload: S.D.C.: 500 shots, Pulse Energy Pistol: 15 shots from mini E-Clip, Pulse Energy Rifle: 30 shots (uses Rifts standard long E-Clip in stock)
[ Altarain TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Horune TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Kydian TM, Larsen’s Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Naut’Yll, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk’s Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune)
Copyright © 1998, Kitsune. All rights reserved.