Expanded Robot Vehicle Properties:
Robot Vehicles have both internal displays on internal panels and displays on heads up displays (HUD) as well. There is also the option to display inside the helmet of the crew members. The displays are usually a combination of graphs and actual number listing. The graphs are easy to read even by most illiterate troops although piloting Robot Vehicles is more difficult without literacy. Most features on Robot Vehicles are also carried Tanks and other ground combat vehicles as well. Most fighters also carry many of the features of Robot Vehicles. Some suits of Robot Vehicles such as those manufactured by Triax have additional features.
- Nuclear Power: Virtually all Robot Vehicles a nuclear fusion reactor. Normal life or reactor is 15 to 20 years. Displays show status of reactor.
- Medium Range Radar: Most Robot Vehicles are equipped with a short range radar. Radar system has a range of 30 miles (48 km) and can identify and track up to 48 targets.
- Combat / Targeting Computer: System calculates, stores, and transmits data onto the faceplate of the power armor. Computer assists in the tracking of targets. The system also has a data base of targets and has the ability to identify most common targets. This include enemy units but most post Rifts groups have also added a data base of supernatural creatures. Robot vehicles of the same manufacture are designed to be able to share data automatically and act as fire control for other vehicles as well. This data and fire control sharing can be spread to vehicles of other designs with modifications to share data. As a final feature, the computer creates a map of area based on sensor data.
- Laser Targeting System: The system is designed to assist in the selection and focusing on a specific target. System gives a bonus of +1 to strike using long range weapons but must have line of sight. As well, most mini-missiles are designed to follow the laser beam to the target. Some flying Robot Vehicles also have a laser navigation system. Laser system makes a map of terrain.
- Spotlight: Most Robot Vehicles have one or two normal spotlights in addition to other equipment. Normal Range is 600 feet (182.9 meters)
- Visual Magnification: This system allows magnification of 2 x to 16 x. Displays on side screen on face plate. Power Armor also has data recording for 192 hours at high resolution and 576 hours at low resolution.
- Thermo-Imager: Range: 2,000 ft (609 m). Finds the infrared radiations of things that are warm. Also enables pilot to see in smoke, shadows and darkness. System has disadvantage of being able to be detected.
- Nightvision Optics: Range: 2,000 ft (609 m). Uses light amplification to make a picture. Emits no light but will not work in absolute darkness. System can be dazzled by sudden bright lights but does not physically blind the wearer.
- Infra-Red / Laser Detector: The system is designed to detect any infrared or laser beams which paint or target the robot vehicle. Robot Vehicle has special sensors built into the exterior every few inches. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Radar Detector: System is designed to passively detect other radars being operated. System give information such as relative strength and number of signals. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Internal Active Jamming Gear: Causes -25% to detection but when it is active, other vehicles/ bases can detect that it is jamming, and some missiles will home in on jamming signals. Jamming also causes a -4 penalty to all radar guided weapons.
- Compass and Clock Calender: In addition to other features, Robot Vehicles are fitted with a compass, high quality digital maps, and clock calender. Most Robot Vehicles have an inertial navigation system which the computer plots location based on last recorded location and speed and course of travel. Computer will attempt to use recorded data from other sensors to refine location. The computer also can use star positions for navigation purposes. Robot Vehicles produced before the coming of the Rifts also have a satellite navigation system built in. System could locate individual with a few inches of their location and projects location of computer map display. While the vehicles carried many of the maps already in the Robot's memory, more maps could be downloaded as need. Since all of the navigation satellites have been destroyed, the system is mostly useless. Large nations such as the Coalition and New German Republic have a system which uses ground based transmitters to plot location.
- Radio Communication: Robot Vehicles are equipped with a long range direction communication system. The system has an effective range of 500 miles (800 km). The Robot Vehicle is also outfitted with a short range directional radio. Short range radio has a range of 20 miles (32 km). Most Robot Vehicles are also fitted with a radio scrambler to prevent others from easily listening in on communications. Most Robot Vehicles are equipped with a loudspeaker with an output of 80 decibels and an external audio pickup. Some Robot Vehicles also are equipped with an internal language translator. Radio communication systems on Robot Vehicles produced before the coming of the Rifts also have a satellite communication system but is pretty much useless after the coming of the Rifts due to communication satellites being destroyed.
- Advanced Life Support: Most crew compartments in Robot Vehicles have a capacity for 2 to 6 people and is reinforced to protected crew from attacks. The compartment is air tight and is suitable for use in most hostile environments including underwater (Typical maximum depth of 500 feet) and in space. The Robot has a computer controlled life support system with artificial air circulation, gas filtration, and humidifier. The system is designed to be able to recycle the air to keep a breathable atmosphere for up to four weeks. Also has an independent oxygen supply which automatically engages and purges the interior in condition contaminated air environment inside of vehicle. The Robot Vehicle carries a twelve hour emergency oxygen supply. Robot Vehicle displays present atmospheric conditions including toxins in the air and amount of oxygen back to wearer. Robot Vehicle has an internal cooling system and temperature control. Temperature can be set for wearer preferences. The system displays temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
- High Temperature Insulation: Robot Vehicles are more from high temperature materials that is designed to resist temperatures up to 400 degrees centigrade. Normal fires inflict no damage but extremely high temperature fire such as plasma and magic fire inflicts full damage.
- Radiation Shielding: Robot Vehicles have radiation shielding which is far more effective than either body armors or power armors. As well, the Robot Vehicles armor is equipped with sensors to monitor the amount of radiation that the power armor is exposed to. This is displayed to the pilot of the robot.
- Protective Optics: The Robot Vehicle is designed with optics which are designed to protect crews against blinding. All pilot compartment windows are polarized to quickly darken and most crews look through video displays.
- Ejection System: Most robot vehicles are fitted with ejection that allows the crew to eject in case of emergency. The ejection system is designed to launch the crew about 1000 feet in the air and a parachute is deployed so that they travel top the ground safely. Some ejection systems use a rocket type seat to fly to safety. Most normal vehicles like tanks do not share this feature.
- Self Destruction System: Most Robot vehicles are designed with a self destruct system to prevent capture by the enemy. The self destruct system is designed to inflict minimal damage outside the Robot Vehicle but will destroy all internal systems and anyone inside will take 6D6x10 M.D.C. The explosion will inflict 2D6d10 M.D.C. to all targets within 10 feet (3 meters) of the vehicle. The destruction of the fusion reactor will cause a brief spike in radiation levels but levels will normal go back down to normal quickly.
[ Altarain TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Horune TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Kydian TM, Larsen’s Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Naut’Yll, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk’s Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune)
Copyright © 2002 Kitsune. All rights reserved.