Expanded Environmental Body Armor Properties:
Some low quality suits of environmental armor will lack some of these features but most environmental body armors have these features and all environmental body armors from large high tech societies have all of the features. These include such groups as the Coalition and Pre-Rifts United States Military. Environmental Body Armors have displays which replay all data on the face of the helmet which is only visible from the inside. The displays are usually a combination of graphs and actual number listing. The graphs are easy to read even by most illiterate troops. Some suits of armor such as those manufactured by Triax have additional features.
- Advanced Life Support: Computer controlled life support system with artificial air circulation, gas filtration, and humidifier. Also has an independent oxygen supply which automatically engages in condition of low oxygen and contaminated air environment. Environmental body armors has a five hour oxygen supply. Amor displays present atmospheric conditions including toxins in the air and amount of oxygen back to wearer.
- Temperature Control: Has an internal cooling system and temperature control. Temperature can be set for wearer preferences. The system displays temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
- High Temperature Insulation: Environmental body armors are more from high temperature materials that is designed to resist temperatures up to 200 degrees centigrade. Normal fires inflict no damage but extremely high temperature fire such as plasma and magic fire inflicts full damage.
- Radiation Shielding: Environmental body armor at least has minimal radiation shielding. As well, the body armor is equipped with sensors to monitor the amount of radiation that the body armor is exposed to. This is displayed to the wearer of the armor.
- Protective Visor: The visor is polarized and is light sensitive. It adjusts tinting to protect wearers eyes. Polarization darkens quickly to protect against sudden bright lights as well as darkening more slowly to deal with powerful light conditions.
- Short Range Radio: Directional, Short Range radio is built into the helmet of the body armor. Radio range is 20 miles (32 km). Most helmets are also fitted with a radio scrambler to prevent others from easily listening in on communications.
- Nightvision Optics: Range: 2,000 ft (609 m). Uses light amplification to make a picture. Emits no light but will not work in absolute darkness. System can be dazzled by sudden bright lights but does not physically blind the wearer.
- Infra-Red / Laser Detector: The system is designed to detect any infrared or laser beams which paint or target the body armor. Body armor has special sensors built into the exterior every few inches. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Radar Detector: System is designed to passively detect other radars being operated. System give information such as relative strength and number of signals. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Compass and Clock Calender: In addition to other features, Environmental Body armor is fitted with a compass and clock calender. Body armors produced before the coming of the Rifts also have a satellite navigation system built in. System could locate individual with a few inches of their location. Since all of the navigation satellites have been destroyed, the system is mostly useless.
[ Altarain TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Horune TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Kydian TM, Larsen’s Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Naut’Yll, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk’s Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune)
Copyright © 2002 Kitsune. All rights reserved.