New Armor and Weapon Features:
New Magic Armor Features:
- Camouflage: Armor has the ability to blend in with its environment. Not as complete as the spell Chameleon but always active. Camouflage gives a +10% bonus to prowl and -20% against detection rolls such as the detect ambush skill. Cost: 5,000 Gold
- Environmental: This enchanted on armor is very similar in nature to the "Environmental Tent." The magical feature will protect the wearer from most weather and keep a comfortable temperature of around 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius). It protects from both heat and cold, making them popular in northern areas, jungles, and deserts. While the armor will protect the wearer from rain, it will not protect the person from getting wet if they are immersed in water such as from crossing a river or from getting caught in flooding water. It will still keep the wearer at a comfortable temperature and when the person is no longer immersed, all water soaked into the armor (but not other garments) will be repelled to the outside of the armor and drip off. The armor will not provide protection from drowning or from gas attacks. This feature is only available on full suits. The armor usually do not clean themselves but can be designed to repel dirt and to magically stay clean. Cost: 5,000 Gold with an additional 1,000 gold for the self cleaning feature.
- Hardened: The armor is enchanted so that weapons with the enchantment of "Armor Penetrating"do not automatically bypass the armor's A.R.. Rating and the wielder of such a weapon has to roll above the armor's A.R. Rating to hit the wearer. The enchantment of Hardened also increases the armor's A.R. Rating by one (For example increasing a full suit of Plate Armor's A.R. Rating to 18.) Cannot be combined with the enchantment of "Armor Rating Enhancement." Very few alchemists know this enchantment and most are in the Western Empire. Cost: 250,000 and is very rare.
- Quick Donning: The armor is enchanted with a magic to assist in the rapid donning of the armor. Clasps automatically latch and straps automatically adjust themselves. This allows the person donning the armor to be able to put it on within one melee (15 seconds) for light armor and half suits of heavy armor and two melee (30 seconds) for full suits of heavy armors. Cost: 10,000 Gold
- Regenerating Armor (Lesser): More common that the greater enchantment to regenerate armor but regenerates damage at a slower rate. Damage is restored at the rate of 4D6 S.D.C. per day (or 1D6 S.D.C. every 6 hours.) Like the more powerful version of this enchantment, if the armor is destroyed, the enchantment is broken and the armor is useless scrap. This enchantment is more commonly known that the greater enchantment and is known outside of the Western Empire. Unlike the greater enchantment, this enchantment can be put on non-metal armors as well as metal armors and is relatively commonly placed on "Leather of Iron." Cost: 50,000 Gold
- Teleport onto Wearer: The armor can be teleported onto the wearer effectively allowing the person to don the armor instantly. Still costs one attack for the teleport. Normal versions of the feature allow the Armor to teleport up to 120 feet (36.5 meters) but alchemists in the Western Empire have a version that can teleport up to 500 miles (805 km). The armor bonds with a specific wearer though the use of a drop of the wearers blood. The teleport ability takes 72 hours before the armor can link with the wearer. Until then, the armor cannot teleport onto the wearer. Cannot teleport from an area covered in a Mystic Energy Drain ward. Cost: 60,000 for 120 foot (36.5 meter) range and 400,000 for 500 mile (805 km) range.
Magic Weapon Properties:
- Burst into Flames: Instead of the weapon being composed of flames, the weapon bursts into flames and damage while flaming is increased by 3D6. Can be used up to three times per day but unlike a more conventional flaming sword, the flame aura has a maximum duration of 12 minutes when activated.The weapon itself is immune to fire Cost: 45,000 Gold
- Combat Teleport: Shorter ranged teleport ability that can be placed on weapon. When weapon is thrown it will teleport back to the wielders hands. Teleport has a maximum range of 120 feet (36.5 meters.) The weapon bonds with a specific bearer though the use of a drop of the bearers blood. The teleport ability takes 72 hours before the weapon can link with the wielder. Cost: 60,000 Gold
- Increased Range: Useful for thrown weapons such as spears and axes and missile weapons such as bows and crossbows. Range of weapon is doubled. Cost: 30,000 Gold
- Physical Transferal (Lesser): This enchantment is more common than the one which some Western Empire Alchemists know but is still quite effective. The weapon transfers half the damage (S.D.C. / Hit Points) it inflicts against the opponent to the wielder. Does not include damage inflicted against unless a living being. The transfer is much shorter in duration than the greater ability and lasts for as many melees as the wielders P.E. (I.e.: PE: 15 will last for 15 melees.) Any damage inflicted on the wielder is inflicted against the stolen S.D.C. and Hit Points first. Cost: 200,000 Gold (Still extremely rare)
- Silence: Enchantment of weapon which when activated produces a globe of silence centered on the weapon. The globe of Silence has a diameter of 10 feet (3 meters) and has a duration of 36 melee rounds. Enchantment can be activated up to three times per day. Effects are as per the spell except wielder does not have to concentrate on it and moves with the weapon. Extremely popular with some assassins because it allows them to slay their enemies silently and even the target screaming for help will be silenced. Also allows them to sneak silently. Can be more useful in some situations than invisibility. Cost: 50,000 Gold
- Vampire Slayer: Inflicts double damage against vampires and vampires cannot regenerate damage for 4D6 minutes. Inflicts normal damage to other opponents. Cost: 30,000 Gold
- Werewolf Slayer: Inflicts double damage against werewolves and other were creatures. In addition, the creature cannot regenerate damage for 4D6 minutes. Inflicts normal damage to other opponents. Cost: 30,000 Gold
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Itom TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Charun the Cruel TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Cirga TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Floenry TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kighfalton TM, Kirgi TM, Kisenite TM, Kormath TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Lista TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mantus TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Ophid’s Grasslands TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Ratling TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, Yin-Sloth Periphery TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2002, 2004, 2006, 2011, & 2012, Kitsune. All rights reserved.