Demon Bone Armor (Magical Plate Armor):
Some things are best being lost. One of those is the process by which Demon Bone Armor is made. Over the years, the number of these armors existing has shrank because while they are incredibly strong, they are not indestructible. The Demon Bone armor has always been very rare and was only made within the Western Empire. Unfortunately, a larger number of the armors have been appearing within the Western Empire. This has lead some scholars to believe that the magic to create these armors has been rediscovered. There are other opinions on the armor, some scholars believe that a large cache of armors constructed ages ago has been recently uncovered and others believe that the new armors are in reality convention magic armor made by Western Empire alchemists that are simply made to look like Demon Bone Armor. There have always been standard magical armors made to look like Demon Bone Armor but the magical properties exhibited by the armor seem to make it unlikely that the armor is not the real stuff.
The armor looks like a fearsome humanoid demon and has caused many opponents to run in fear rather than face the armor. This armor was worn by elite Western Empire knight in the past and there are stories told that the knights faced off whole armies and the other side took flight in battle even when the knights were outnumbered by over ten to one. The armor is heavy and is effectively full plate mail in how much it protects and movement penalties. The armor is a flat black and appears to be constructed from bone plates. The bone plates have sharp edges that can easily slice open an unprotected hand. The helm of the armor has large horns and looks like a demons skull.
The earliest records of Demon Bone Armor come from around the same time that the first Demon Black Ships were seen. This and some research into the methods of creation of the two items seems to support some scholars hypothesis that the armor was designed by the same beings who created the Demon Black Ships. The creation process involves dark necromancy and the way the armor is created is as much a factor in why the armor is considered evil as the powers of the armor. As can be implied by the name, the armor uses Demon Bone as the main component of the armor is very costly as a result. The price of the armor is comparable to that of a greater rune weapon.
The demon bone used in the armor causes several detrimental effects. First, the armor gives off a supernatural evil aura than can be detected by many psychics and magic casters. Some holy weapons can sense an evil aura as well. The evil aura is so powerful that it completely conceals the aura of any mortal that wears it. There has been at least one case where a non evil warrior found a suit and was confronted and killed by a being wielding a holy weapon. The evil aura is also part of the reason why the armor is so horrifying to look at and can terrorize enemies. As well, weapons which inflict extra damages either against demons or evil creatures will inflict that same extra damage to the armor. While a wearer cannot be banished like a true demon, they cannot enter circles or the radius of influence of other magics that prevent greater demons from entering.
Even with the armor's weaknesses, many consider the armors powers to be far superior to any perceived disadvantage. The armor is extremely hard to penetrate and is over twice as strong as normal plate mail. The armor regenerates far fast than any armor made by an alchemist and the armor regenerates almost as far as most demons. Fire, whether normal or magical, does nothing to the armor or the being inside the armor. In additions to the sharp edges on the armor itself, the armor has large claws that can be extended from each forearm. The most spectacular abilities of the armor is that it can burst into flames and fire bolts can be fired from the armors hand while the armor is on fire.
- Weight: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
- Sharp Ridges: The armor plates edges are razor sharp and can cut those who are not careful. Anyone attempted a punch, kick, or grab without some form of protection will get cut. Person attack will have 1D4 points of damage inflicted against them. This is S.D.C. damage and does not become M.D.C. damage in M.D.C. environments.
- Forearm Claws (1 each forearm): Similar in abilities to Griffon Claws and inflict 2D6 per double claw swipe in addition to any strength or other bonuses. Weapon inflicts S.D.C. normally but will inflict M.D.C. in M.D.C. environments. Claw can be used to parry with +1 to initiative and climb with +10% to climb rolls. Unlike griffon claws, the claws are not indestructible; However, the claws can only be damaged by magic weapons and are considered of master quality. If a claw is destroyed, it will regenerate within ten minutes unless the armor is destroyed.
- Burst into Flame and Flame Bolts: The armor may burst into flames up to three times daily and has a duration of 12 minutes each time. While the armor is flaming, unlimited fire bolts can be thrown. Burst into Flame ability is similar to the fire warlock spell of the same name. The magical flame adds an addition 100 S.D.C. (M.D.C. in Rifts) which all damage is taken from first. The armor's A.R. Rating is also increased by two points for an A.R. Rating of 20. Punches, Kicks, and attacks from the built in forearm claws inflict an additional 3D6 S.D.C. (M.D.C. in Rifts) and any else that attempts to make physical contact (Touch, grab, punch, or kick) on the blazing armor will have 3D6 S.D.C. (M.D.C. in Rifts) inflicted on them unless they are impervious to fire. In addition, there is a 50% that the armor will set on fire any combustibles that it touches. The wearer of the magic armor is unaffected by the magic flames and can see clearly. The ability to throw Fire Bolts can be done as long as the armor is blazing and each fire bolt requires one melee attack to throw. Fire bolts can be thrown from either hand and they have +4 to strike. Each fire bolt can be thrown up to 160 feet (48.8 meters) and inflict 5D6 S.D.C. (M.D.C. in Rifts)
- Evil Aura: The armor puts out an aura of evil and gives anyone not evil around the armor a feeling of unease and has a -5% to skill rolls. Can occasionally be an advantage due to the armors ability to scare opponents and any opponent fighting against this armor must make a saving throw against a horror factor of 14. In addition, the armor will be seen as supernatural evil by any power that senses supernatural evil. The aura will cover up the aura of any mortal that wears the armor and they will appear to be supernatural evil as well.
- Magic Circles & Protections: Any circle or other form of magical protection that effects greater demons will effect the armor and the wearer inside the armor. While the armor cannot be banished, it can be prevented from entering an area.
A.R. Rating: 18 S.D.C.: 400 (In M.D.C. Environments such as Rifts, Armor has 400 M.D.C. with no A.R. Rating)
Armor regenerates 2D6 points of damage per minute. Armor will not regenerate if brought below zero S.D.C.
Armor and Wearer are impervious to both normal and magical fire.
Armor takes the same damage that a demon or evil being from weapons that inflict extra damage against demons or evil beings (example: Demon Slayer sword would inflict double damage)
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Itom TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Charun the Cruel TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Cirga TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Floenry TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kighfalton TM, Kirgi TM, Kisenite TM, Kormath TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Lista TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mantus TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Ophid’s Grasslands TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Ratling TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, Yin-Sloth Periphery TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2001, Kitsune. All rights reserved.