Armor of Temera (Magical Plate Armor):
Legends tell of a heroic warrior maid by the name of Temera. Stories tell of her being incredibly skilled and some tell that she was the greatest warrior whoever lived. While some stories tell that she was a demi-god who's immortal father was a god of warrior, other stories contradict this and stress that she was a mortal human woman with a gift for battle. Most tales place her within the lawless times after the end of the Dwarf and Elf Wars and was said to have fought and killed many servants of evil. Among the legends surrounding her, one is that she is said to have slain the Troll warlord known as "Feldsbane" in single combat. There are almost as many legends about the Troll as there are about her. Stories tell that he was more powerful than any normal Troll ever born and to have literally killed thousands with his giant battle axe. His was said to be virtually invulnerable and have taken on whole armies at the same time. Most scholars believe that if he existed, he must have sold his soul to gain his power. There are many other stories about Temera including stories of hundreds of assassination attempts against her. There are a variety of different stories of her end. One tells of her falling with an assassin's blade in her back while another tells of her losing her life in battle against a rampaging dragon destroying a town she was trying to protect. While most scholars believe that she was an actual person, the question the legitimacy of many of the stories.
Almost as famous as herself, she was said to have an incredible set of plate armor. Some stories tell that the armor was forged by a god for a favor while others tell that the armor was forged by the last Dwarven Alchemist. All of the stories agree that there were few armors like it. Many stories tell of her going on a great quest for the Gods of Light to earn the armor. The armor is said to have disappeared with her death with many legends surrounding the event. One story tells that the armor was stolen by the servants of evil and hidden away where it cannot be found. Another story tells that the armor was hidden away by a group of knights who are even now waiting on a legendary rebirth of the warrior maid. Many adventurers have set out to find the armor but none have succeeded and its location is still unknown. As well, several alchemists have created similar suits of armor although none have been able to completely duplicate her armor's capabilities. Some have tried to pass these copies off as the original armor which has confused the situation further.
Probably the most legendary power of the armor is the ability of the armor to teleport onto her from thousands of miles away. Stories tell of her being ambushed when she was without her armor. Seconds later, she would be protected by the armor and prepared for battle. Also well known is the fact that a large sword blade can be made to come from the right forearm. The blade was said to be extremely well balanced and that she rarely used any other weapon. Stories also tell that the blade was indestructible and extremely sharp. The armor was to feel like it weighed nothing when it was worn and that she would virtually dance while fighting in the armor. The armor appeared to fit her almost like a glove and she was said to have told that the armor would form to fit any woman for a perfect fit. The armor was said to be incredibly strong although not as tough as some other known enchanted plate mails. To compensate for this, the armor was said to regenerate any damage which was inflicted against it. Temera was said to have told that anyone who is a servant of evil who attempts to don the armor will be inflicted with a terrible curse.
In addition to the armor's enchantments, the armor is greatly desired for its beauty. The armor is definitely designed to be worn by a female. The finish on most of the armor is mirrored silver with incredible raised relief all over the armor. The edges of the plates are covered in reliefs of alternating oak and maple leaves. The breast plate of the armor is a raised relief of a unicorn which is incredibly detailed. All of the reliefs of the armor are finished in mirrored gold. The helm of the armor has a long snow white plume which hangs down to abut the middle of the wearer’s back. The forearm blade most closely resembles the blade of a double bladed broad sword which comes to a sharp point for stabbing. The blade's design closely mimics the armor with the edges of the blade being mirrored silver with the center of the blade being a pattern of alternating oak and maple leaves with the pattern in mirrored gold.
- A.R. Rating: 17 S.D.C.: 252 Weight: Effectively
- Regenerating Armor: Damage inflicted on the armor is restored / regenerated at the rate of 10 S.D.C. per hour. If the armor is destroyed (Reduced to 0 S.D.C.), the enchantment is broken and the armor is worthless.
- Retractable Forearm Blade: A double edged broadsword like blade can be extended from the right forearm. The blade is considered to be indestructible and inflicts 3D6+6 points of damage (Plus Strength Bonuses if any.) Blade also has +3 to Initiative, +2 to Strike, and +3 to Parry.
- Sizes to Fit: Armor will adjust to fit any female wearer from 5 feet tall to 6 foot 6 inches tall and will fit perfectly to the wearer. Will not fit those larger or smaller than listed dimensions and will not form to fit males.
- Teleport onto Wearer: The armor can be teleported onto the wearer effectively allowing the person to don the armor instantly. The teleport is still to costs one attack. Range of teleport is 2,000 miles (3,220 km). The armor bonds with a specific wearer though the use of a drop of the wearers blood. The teleport ability takes 72 hours before the armor can link with the wearer. Until then, the armor cannot teleport onto the wearer. Cannot teleport from an area covered in a Mystic Energy Drain ward.
- Weightless: Considered to weigh one ounce and the wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties. Armor also has half normal prowl penalties.
- Reduced Healing: Only effects individuals of evil alignment who attempt to wear the armor. Any evil person attempting to wear the armor will one heal one point of S.D.C. or one Hit Point per day. As well, magical healing will restore half normal. A healing touch which would restore 7 points of damage would only heal 3 (round down.) Spells of restoration will fail to restore lost limbs and resurrection only has a 25% of succeeding. When attempting to recover from a coma, the victim only gets a base recovery roll with no bonuses. If the evil wearer discards the armor, the curse goes with the armor.
Special Features: Dwarven Construction (20% greater armor), Additional Armor (+50 S.D.C. but increase weight by 40 lbs)
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Itom TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Charun the Cruel TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Cirga TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Floenry TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kighfalton TM, Kirgi TM, Kisenite TM, Kormath TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Lista TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mantus TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Ophid’s Grasslands TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Ratling TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, Yin-Sloth Periphery TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2003, Kitsune. All rights reserved.