Bone Blade of Rabahl (Holy Sword of Evil):
The name "Doomfear" is used by some scholars who have studied the weapon while others use the name "Bone Blade of Rabahl." There is also several stories about the origin of the weapon. No matter what the story, the weapon is a very old and powerful holy weapon of evil and has been carried by priests or darkness, evil paladins, witches, and necromancers.
The most popular story told of the origin of the weapon is that it was created by the Goddess Hel from the bone of an Arch Fiend by the name of Rabahl and the weapon was given to a prized minion of Hel. It is also told that the Arch Fiend was assigned to serve her by the Deevil Lord Sahtalus, her husband, but betrayed her. The story tells that the right femur of the Deevil was used but the Arch Fiend was not killed by Hel. It is also said that the magic which Hel used to create the weapon prevented the leg of the Deevil from growing back. In the story, he swore revenge on anyone who possessed the weapon.
Stories tell that the sword was given by Hel to a mortal witch who served her faithfully. There is disagreement on if the possessor of the weapon was a male or female. The witch called the weapon "Doomfear"and carried the weapon for several years. The end of the Witch came at the hands of the Arch Fiend who's leg bone was used to make the sword. It is said that several other wielders of the sword found their end at the hands of the Arch Fiend Rahahl. Still, the powers of the weapon make it very desirable and many would gladly rick extreme danger to possess it.
It is clearly visible that the sword is made from bone and is yellowed from the ages it exists. The sword is large and can be wielded by either one hand or both hands. Even though the bone appears to be yellowed from age, the weapon has no scratches or other signs of wear. The sword is double bladed and is incredibly sharp for being ancient and constructed from bone. Most scholars considered the weapon to be indestructible. The sword is extremely simple with a simple straight hand guard and simple grooves in the handle to improve the wielders grip. The only decoration is writing along the blade in runes which states in the language of the Deevils that "May all view this blade and feel the fear of doom."
The weapon's most dangerous power is that the when the sword is drawn, it creates an aura where everybody around the wielder feels that death is about to get them and that they will fail at whatever they try. While the aura does not effect the wielder of the sword. The other power that is well known is that injuries caused by the weapon don't heal normally and get infected. If the injuries are not healed by magic or by psychic abilities, the victim will catch wound fever and be extremely disabled and will likely die within a few days. Few good people will consider using the weapon due to this ability. The weapon is extremely sharp and well balanced. It is said that none of the abilities of the sword will effect the Arch Fiend "Rabahl"and it will act as a normal sword if used against him.
- Basic Statistics:
- Virtually indestructible and never dulls
- Glows with a black halo of energy when drawn and registers as magic.
- Adds +5% to all prayers to one's deity.
- Aura of Doom: When the wielder pulls the sword, the possessor of the sword surrounds himself with a 10 foot (3 meter) radius field of flickering blackness. This is an aura of doom which causes others within the aura to feel as if death is about to get them and that they will fail at whatever they try. The aura lasts for 16 melees (4 minutes) each time it is drawn, the aura will only activated once an hour although can still be used as a sword. The aura requires an hour to recharge each time it is used. The aura does effect companions of the wielder but does not effect the actual possessor of the sword. The aura cause anyone within the area of effect (does not affect the wielder) who fails their saving throw to lose half their attacks per melee, their skill performances will be half, initiative will be half, and will be at -4 to strike, parry, and dodge. The ability has the same effects as the Rifts: Federation of Magic spell of the same name.
- Infectious Wounds: All wounds caused by this weapon will not heal naturally. Failure to close these weapons by magical or psionic abilities will result in a life threatening infection to inflame the wound. Due to this, the injury will not heal and the victim will take two additional point damages for each wound inflicted by the weapon every twenty-four hours. Failure to heal the injury completely by magical and psionic means will result in wound fever. The wound fever causes the victim to take +2D6 damage every twenty-four hours and all combat bonuses will be reduced by half as well as speed and skill performances reduced by 20%.
- Damage Bonus: Weapon inflicts 2D6 additional Damage (S.D.C. in S.D.C. worlds and M.D.C. in M.D.C. worlds).
- Monster Slayer: Inflicts normal S.D.C. damage +6 points to human and mortal foes, but does double damage to supernatural beings and creatures of magic (effects being of both good and evil). It does S.D.C. in S.D.C. worlds and M.D.C. in M.D.C. worlds.
- Damage: 4D6+12 (+ Strength), weapon inflicts double damage against
supernatural beings and creatures of magic. (Weapon inflicts S.D.C. in
S.D.C. World and Mega-Damage in Rifts).
Weight: 4.5 lbs (2.1 kg) Length: 3.75 feet (1.0 meters)
Bonuses: +2 to Initiative, +2 to Strike, and +3 to Parry.
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Itom TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Charun the Cruel TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Cirga TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Floenry TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kighfalton TM, Kirgi TM, Kisenite TM, Kormath TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Lista TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mantus TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Ophid’s Grasslands TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Ratling TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, Yin-Sloth Periphery TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2003, Kitsune. All rights reserved.