Death Dealer (Enchanted Weapon of Chaos):
The history of this sword is unknown but it is well known that the sword is truly ancient. There is a story about the weapon was buried in the tomb of an ancient Germanic warrior. Legends about him speak of cruelty beyond measure. The story goes on that the weapon was only dug up by the Nazis on the eave of the Second World War. It was said to have been wielded by a S.S. Commander who took the name "Death Dealer" and his sword became known by the same name. He was suppose to have slain hundreds if not thousands with his own hand and it took several heroes to take him down in the end. On his death at the end of the war, the sword disappeared only to find its way into the hands of another knight serving the forces of Darkness. While it appears to have never been wielded by an Anti-Hero, it is not impossible that the weapon could end up in one of their hands. Still, there are no known wielders of the weapon who have not been Villains of the worst kind.
Death Dealer is an extremely dark grey sword with the blade edge formed by downward razor sharp teeth which are designed to rip the flesh of whoever the blade slices into. The blade will rip the flesh in either slashes or when stabbed into an opponent and pulled back out. The blade is the length of a long sword and is extremely well balanced. Ancient Germanic runes run along the length of the blade. Even though the sword was said to have lain in the ground for centuries, there is no sign of rust and the weapon appears to be indestructible. The hand guard of the sword is the design of a skull with a set of bat wings extended from either side. The handle itself is wrapped in a black leather cord. The weapon simply has an evil feel to it like a cold shiver down a persons back.
When the sword is drawn, the wielder calls the name "Death Bringer" and suddenly they look taller and tougher, like an ancient warrior from the pits of darkness. If they have infirmaries or are overweight, this is gone. If the possessor is a child, when the sword is drawn, they will appear to be a full grown adult. Fit or not, old or young, male or female, the features of the wielder of the sword will be recognizable but will be a dark version of what they look like, as if they have been kissed by evil. The wielder also will have a suit of black armor form around them, a form fitting suit of plate armor with the design of a skull in the center of the chest. There is a helm which the wearer can chose to hide their features. The armor does not restrict the wearer’s movement and can move around as if they are wearing ballet gear not full armor. This armor, even though ancient in appearance, will protect against even modern weapons such as pistols and rifles like a modern bullet proof vest.
In addition to the ability to create a suit of enchanted armor, the sword has several additional powers. The wielder becomes incredibly strong, able to perform almost supernatural feats of strength. As well, the wielder becomes faster than a normal human. The person wielding the sword seems to be able to dodge bullets or even parry them with sword. Other powers of the sword include the ability to see in total darkness even magical darkness, fire black bolts of dark fire from the blade, summon the dead from the gave to fight beside them, create a globe of darkness which is virtually impossible for anyone to see through without magical vision, and finally the wielder can create a circle of black flame around them or around others.
- Indestructible: Weapon cannot be broken and never dulls. The Long Sword can be used to parry energy blasts and projectiles at full bonuses. Gauntlet is indestructible in all forms include bracelet form.
- Well Balanced and Lightweight: Weapon has a +2 to Initiative, +1 to Parry, and +1 to Strike.
- Weapon Damage: Inflicts 6D6+6 using as a weapon. Does not include any strength bonuses. Inflicts S.D.C. in S.D.C. Worlds and does M.D.C. in M.D.C. Worlds such as Rifts. Weapon inflicts full damage against all supernatural and magical creatures. Weapon will also damage super beings who are invulnerable.
- Adds 80 S.D.C.
- Gives a +4 bonus against possession and horror factor
- Gives a +2 bonus to saving throws against spells and enchantments.
- Wielder of the sword can see the invisible.
- When the sword is drawn, the wielder becomes more filled out and stronger. Physical infirmaries and excess fat is removed. A wielder will gain 6 inches in height if above six feet in height or become six foot six inches tall if shorter than that.
- Wielder of the sword Gauntlet can create battle armor at will. Battle armor appears to be suit of black plate male with a skull design in the middle of the chest. Armor will protect against energy blasts and modern projectiles. Armor is not restricting, weightless, and noiseless. Armor has an A.R. of 17 and 160 S.D.C. in S.D.C. environments such as Heroes Unlimited and Palladium Fantasy. Armor has an M.D.C. of 160 in M.D.C. environments such as rifts. Armor will appear new each time it is summoned.
- Super Abilities:
Powers and Bonuses (Only work when Sword is Drawn):
- Extraordinary Physical Prowess:
- A greatly heightened physical prowess providing increased speed and
Bonuses: Add 8 to the P.P. attribute
- Add 8 to the Speed attribute
Add One Attack per Melee
Automatic Dodge with a bonus of +3 (+ Additional Bonuses)
Add +10% to all physical skills requiring Dexterity
- The wilder of the sword has vastly increased strength.
Bonuses: Increase P.S. to 29 or increase by 15 points if P.S. is 20 or greater.
Can carry 100 times (not 50 times) PS in pounds and can lift 200 times (not 100 times) PS in pounds.
- Damage Bonus: +6 damage is added to the weapons damage (already added into weapon damage and other damages) and punches and kicks from the wielder.
- Night Vision: The wielder of the sword has a nigh vision with a range of 300 feet (91.5 meter) similar to night vision goggles. Power automatically activates in darkness.
- Animate and Control Dead: This power allows the wielder to
animate and control skeletons and corpses. These animated dead have no
will of their own and act as mindless zombies, following simple commands
such as "Protect me," "Slay Him," and the like.
- Animated Dead: Each have the following abilities, 20+2D6 S.D.C.
(No hit points), 2 Attacks per Melee, and kicks and punches inflict 1D6
S.D.C. (Average P.S. of 10 and Spd of 8.) Animated Dead can be harmed by
normal weapons, fire, and exceptional means (super abilities, energy blasts,
magic) but are invulnerable to disease, gasses, fear, and any psionics
which effect the mind or emotions
Duration: Until destroyed or until the wielder relinquishes control.
Limitations: A maximum of 20 animated dead can be controlled at one time. The controlled dead require the wielder to use two attacks each melee round which they are employed.
- "Black Fire" Bolt: Bolts of darkness can be fired from the blade of the sword. The darkness is black fire and impervious to fire offers no protection. These bolts of dark fire can be fired as many times as the wielder has hand to hand attacks. The bolts will effect magical creatures and targets which are invulnerable. Damage is 6D6+6 if the wielder is Diabolic, 5D6+6 if the wielder is Miscreant or Aberrant, and 4D6+6 if the wielder is Anarchist.
- "Black Flame" Circle: A ring of dark fire is created around the wielder of the sword or around others. Impervious to fire offers no protection against the black flames. The black fire is around 15 feet (4.5 meters) tall and approximately 5 feet (1.5 meters) wide. Anyone passing through the black flames will have 6D6+10 inflicted on them. It can be created in a ring up to 30 feet (9 meters) in diameter and can be cast up to 90 feet (27.4 meters) from the wielder of the sword.
- Create Darkness: Creates an area of darkness so dark that
a person cannot see anything and are effectively blind. The creator of
the darkness can see through the darkness without problem and those with
magical night vision and the super ability of darkness control can see
clearly through the darkness. Very intense light (solar), dispel magic,
dispel magic barriers, and the wielder of the sword can dispel the darkness.
Most people in the darkness will be at -8 to strike, parry, and dodge.
Super beings with radar senses, heightened senses, and/or motion detectors
(robots and bionics) will be at reduced penalties. Duration is until dispelled
or 2D4 minutes (if the wielder is not concentrating on darkness, otherwise
indefinite) and has a diameter of 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- This item should be treated as the standard Heroes Unlimited Enchanted
Object and is similar to rune weapons as well. A Player Character "Anti-Hero"
should start at first level as the Enchanted Weapon character type. If
the weapon is considered to be too powerful by the game master, there are
several adjustments that can be made to make the magic item less powerful.
- Summoning of Armor: The ability to summon the armor can be restricted to once per day per level of experience. This prevents a wearer from simply dismissing and then re-summoning the armor every time that it gets badly damaged.
- Abilities are received at a level progression: At times of
need, other abilities could be activated under the control of the game
master not the player.
- At First Level, the wielder will have all abilities that require
no concentration. These include the physical increases, weapon will have
the damage bonus, night vision, and the super abilities of Extra-Ordinary
Physical Prowess and Extra-Ordinary Physical Strength.
At Second Level, the wielder will be able to summon the magical armor.
At Third Level, the wielder will be able to throw "Black Fire" Bolts
At Fourth Level and Above, the wearer will be able to select one additional ability from the remaining powers until they are all selected.
[ Fabricators Inc. TM, Flexi-Steel TM, Justice Team TM, Kisenite TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, S.D.C. TM, and Sentinels of Liberty TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2007, Kitsune. All rights reserved.